(Page updated: 25/2/21)
The Hills Club Friday “Ian Haggarty-sponsored” social bowls is a nominated-Triples format.
- played over 2 shorter games with winners of game 1 drawn against other winners (with losers playing other losing teams); 2 bowl Triples, time-limited (13 ends each game maximum)
(Single names are acceptable, with organisers attempting to make up a team)
- random draw for game 1
Start time: 9:30am – with players requested to be in the club 20mins before start time, to get teams underway no later than 9:30am
No trial ends before the games
Prize format – sponsored by Ian Haggarty
- game 1: random draw prize for wining team cards
- game 2: random draw prize for wining team cards
Non-Covid times – (ie “the way we used to play”?)
During our “Coronavirus complications”, some changes were necessary & being hopeful that we’ll revert back one day, the old formats are retained below, as a reminder of what we used to do!
- played over 2 shorter games with winners of game 1 drawn against other winners (with losers playing other losing teams); 4 bowl Pairs, time-limited (13 ends each game maximum)
- teams will be split between two pools (Pool A & Pool B) based on the sum of 2019 Pennant Grades of team members.
- teams listed lowest to highest by team points total and a line drawn at middle of list each week to determine both pools.
- those teams above the line Pool A and those below the line Pool B
Start time: 10:30am – with players requested to be in the club 20mins before start time, to get teams underway no later than 10:30
No trial ends before either game
- prizes for Winners and Runners-up in each pool (per payment guidelines posted on noticeboard)
- May be played as “nominated-Triples” format whenever green space is limited (eg greens under maintenance)
Additionally, Ian Haggarty offers quarterly & annual awards for the series point-score leaders; points being accumulated for each player over the season with allocations of:
|Win in game 1||+2 points|
|Win in game 2||+2 points|
|Draw in game 1 or 2||+1 point each|
|Loss in game 1 or 2||0 points each|
|Pool winner||+4 points|
|Pool runner-up||+2 points|
2019 Winner – Warren Heden